My monthly look at what’s coming up at Manchester’s finest music venue the Band on the Wall features music from Nat Birchall, Miles Mosley and Neil Cowley.
Nat plays March 2nd and will no doubt be riding the modal waves, Neil plays March 5th – a dazzling composer, pianist Cowley creates deeply engaging and dynamic music that journeys between poetic and poignant, pomp and splendour to powerful rip-roaring riffs. It is instrumental music that references Debussy and Steve Reich as much as Spiritualized and Arcade Fire. Not featured on the show but also playing on March 19th will be Seun Kuti & Egypt 80.
…and you can look forward to Miles Mosley and the West Coast Get Down on June 30th, I thought I’d get your interest by playing a track early on.
In between the finest new jazz releases
- Nat Birchall – Divine Harmony – World Without Form
- Led Bib – Lobster Terror – Umbrella Weather
- CP Unit – Fried – Before The Heat Death
- Dans Les Abres – Flourescent – Phosphorescence
- Miles Mosley – Young Lion – Uprising
- Jean-Brice Godet – No Logo – Lignes de Crêtes
- DEK Trio – Raj2 – Burning Below Zero
- Gorilla Mask – Iron Lung – Iron Lung
- Joana Gama, Luis Fernandes, Ricardo Jacinto – Mémoires en forme de Véxations – Harmonies
- Camilla George – Dreams of Eket – Isang
- Neil Cowley Trio – Sparkling – Touch and Flee